Trego County-Lemke Memorial Sleep Lab is an accredited sleep lab through the Accreditation Commission for Health Care we are here to help you improve your quality of sleep.
Uninterrupted Sleep is the body’s natural way of rejuvenation, it is the natural way your body renews your mental and physical health. The most common symptoms of a sleep disorder include:
- Observed apnea
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Morning headaches
- Chronic snoring
- Gasping or choking during sleep
- Problems falling sleep
- Restless legs
- Sleep walking or other disruptions during sleep
Talk to your doctor about any symptoms you are experiencing. If left untreated, a sleep disorder increases your risk for:
- Heart rhythm disorders, including atrial fibrillation
- Heart attack
- High blood pressure
At Trego County-Lemke Memorial Sleep Center our sleep specialists deliver advanced care for many types of sleep disorders:
- Obstructive sleep apnea, upper airway obstruction partially blocks airflow during sleep
- Central sleep apnea, brain doesn't signal muscles that control your breathing
- Insomnia, inability to sleep
- Narcolepsy, inability to stay awake
- Parasomnia, such a nightmares, sleep walking, and sleep-related eating disorder
- Periodic limb movement disorder, repetitive cramping or jerking of the legs
- Restless leg syndrome, urge to move legs especially when resting
What to bring for your sleep study:
- Comfortable clothes to sleep in AKA sweatpants, T-shirt, shorts, pajamas.
- Any personal toiletries and a change of clothes for after the study
- Any medications that are prescription or over the counter that you usually take before bedtime.
- Reading material if you read before bedtime.
- I you require a snack before bedtime, plan to bring one.